Today was quite productive, I was able to create 12 latex mixtures which hopefully will dry by Wednesday. That means I have finished making all my latex mixtures!
These were made in measurement to the calico head structure so far, and so once the latex dries, I will weave and hand stitch into them, then assemble the head piece as a whole. It will be glued onto the calico.
It was difficult to get the same shade of nude skin tone for all mixtures, but I don’t think it needs to be the same shade. The variation makes the piece more explorative, and diverse even.
I have also measured out my desired exhibition requirements:
104cm H x 40cm W
90cm x 90cm
A generous amount of floor space so that viewers can walk around my piece is what I’m hoping for!