The tutorial today with Lucy really helped me to understand what I needed to do next, and she suggested new ideas for me to explore, which I am excited about.
Things I need to do:
- Email Vin + Omi about how they use latex in their garments, and what special glue do they use for latex
- More designs in my sketchbook exploring the successful finger mechanism
- Explore all possibilities of a finger- the length, the nails, hair etc
- Experiment with mould and wax for creating fingernails
- Grotesque can also be in the wax in water technique
- Experiment with hair as the strings for pulling fingers
- Use grey board for constructing the fingers
- Mount meat photographs
- Begin exploring textures and patterns on fabrics and surfaces
- Experiment with cling film- cling film melting technique
- Record my experimentations on sheets
- Order more from 4D rubber, flesh tone latex sheets and try knitting with latex tubing
- Research more into the psychological aspect of space and disgust
I have discovered new techniques in this tutorial that I need to try, and ways to develop what has been successful so far (like the moving finger mechanism, the wax in water project in Part 1, the idea of a head piece).
Unfortunately, I could not find the latex in the studios today so I had to take time to buy my own, so latex experimentation is falling a little late than planned. Thankfully, I had no trouble finding it, and I am excited to try it out tomorrow.