The project is currently going extremely well, the only let down is that I am slightly behind in producing textile samples. The post will be updated once the final product has been completed.
What went well:
- Making this a conceptual project, bringing in Vietnam and linking it to living in England
- Gathered very strong visual material to work from
- Quicker decision making and problem solving, such as design ideas and techniques that would work
- Mixed media samples
- Establishing a colour palette quick
- Completing the moodboard quickly with confidence
- Exploring lines in a very distinctive way
- Unique outcome, a three dimensional textile piece laser cutted and threaded
- Establishing an enjoyment with mixed media, conceptual thinking and colour schemes
- Enjoying white pen on black paper, developing new drawing techniques
- Building upon skills learnt in previous projects, silk paper making, weaving, knit, collaging, collectiong imagery
What could be improved:
- Time management
- Sketchbook work completed quicker and refined with annotations, don’t be too precious as they are sketches!
- Could have tried using the heat press
I love the mixed media samples, because I see endless possibilities in translating it into textile samples, and eventually, a laser cut design! They are definitely an improvemet in my collage making skills from the weaving project in exploratory stage, as I paid more attention and refinement in drawing the exact shapes from my imagery.