I’ve completed my E-Portfolio for two universities- Chelsea College of Arts and Central Saint Martins. Their requirements for BA Textiles were similar, except Chelsea wanted 15 images, and CSM wanted only 10.
- Visual research in colour and black & white using a variety of media e.g. drawing, photography, collage etc.
- Evidence of an interest in surfaces, textural qualities and mixed media
- Evidence of design orientated research – not necessarily textiles
- Awareness of a contemporary context and ideas
- An individual response to ideas and critical awareness showing your design development process
- Evidence of an enthusiasm for colour, variety of scale, sketchbooks
- Larger scale work can be represented through photographs
- A concise portfolio indicating a selective approach
- Ability to present critical reflection of the subject in discussion if called for interview
What went well:
- Uploading the portfolio a day earlier than the deadline
- Much more confidence in using Adobe Indesign and Photoshop
- Photographing artwork
- Establishing all the requirements needed from the universities
- Very happy with the portfolio!
What could be improved:
- Time management- falling behind a lot on the current project because of editing the images, but I was also struggling on Adobe as it was my first time using it
- The slides had too many images at first- did not leave enough white space to read the images, but this was fixed due to Claire and Lucy’s guidance
I also added my animation from the 3D exploratory project:
Once submitted, I was notified that I will hear from the universities by 14th February.