First Workshop Session

Today we had two and a half hours in the workshop to begin our casts. Initially, I planned to cast about two objects, however the time went by quick and I only managed to cast the teapot! For the next session, I will try to bear in mind the time limit, or plan my casts more realistically within the tight time-frame.

I used mudrock to create my two-piece mold of the teapot, which turned out successful! I loved using mudrock because the cast is strong and captures shape very well, such as the curve of the teapot. I particularly liked the smoothness within the mudrock cast of the teapot, which contrasts to the outer layers that are more rough. Moreover, I am proud of the clean edges of the two parts, due to Derek instructing me on folding the mudrock to create a “seam” down the center of the teapot.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s